Setting Sheet Size of Lumped RLC in HFSS

  • Thread starter Thread starter Melon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Rlc
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
3 replies · 3K views
Melon
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Hi Guys
When I use lumped RLC in HFSS, I find that its size can influence the simulation result. How do I set the sheet size of lumped RLC? Make it square is better? Thanks.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
I do not use Ansys HFSS, but I would question the 2D? size of the Lumped RLC in wavelengths.

If you were using Lumped RLC to define a resistance, then size and the resultant resistance would change the termination and impedance matching.
 
Baluncore said:
I do not use Ansys HFSS, but I would question the 2D? size of the Lumped RLC in wavelengths.

If you were using Lumped RLC to define a resistance, then size and the resultant resistance would change the termination and impedance matching.
Yes, I set lumped RLC on 2D sheet in HFSS. And when its size changes, the result changes too. So I want to know how can I set a resistor/inductor/capacitor in HFSS without the influence of sheet size.
 
Melon said:
So I want to know how can I set a resistor/inductor/capacitor in HFSS without the influence of sheet size.
I do not believe you can. Where the lump has properties specified per unit area, the component value will be dependent on the area. You will need to define the component shape and size as the area of the physical component to be used later in manufacture, and then give it the appropriate properties to get the value required.