Setting Up an Experiment to Test Efficiency of Old Thermos

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter spl3001
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Experiment
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 6K views
spl3001
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
This is kind of a specific question relating to an experiment I'd like to setup.

I have an old thermos, and I thought it would be interesting to see how efficient it is at insulating its contents. I did an ad hoc experiment using boiling water and a candy thermometer, but I only sampled the water twice with any accuracy.

What I would like to know is there such a thing as a small water proof/resistant, heat resistant, time-interval recording thermometer? Just some small device that would record the temperature for 24 hours or so at some interval. I have no idea where to look for something like that. Any design ideas would be appreciated as well.
 
Physics news on Phys.org