Share Animal Pictures: For Animal Lovers

  • Thread starter Thread starter micromass
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Animal
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
3,073 replies · 329K views
BillTre said:
"Tail" does not move [...]
That's unfortunate. He could have used it to wipe rainwater out of his eyes. :oldbiggrin:
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, phinds and BillTre
Physics news on Phys.org
He looks like a fun little creature. I bet he likes to play heads or tails.
 
FlyBitch.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre and fresh_42
Here's a vid of my latest calf, he's shy, but terribly curious, me walking away is very exciting and he's got to chase me
https://photos.app.goo.gl/cswaNtC598gbn8fZ9z

A little lizard I found in the fall

20190916_124753.jpg
These two are best buddies, they're always hanging out together
20190907_110919.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman, Borg, DennisN and 2 others
sorry about the bad link for the video, this one should work
https://photos.app.goo.gl/cswaNtC598gbn8fZ9z
 
My poor abused cows have such a rough life

20190621_093415.jpg


Big daddy Hector, 2300 lbs and thankfully just a big baby
20190621_094449 (1).jpg

His son Zeus.. Loves me, doesn't seem to like strangers much though
20190906_094958.jpg
20191014_135516crop.jpg
Like mother, like daughter
20190906_114013.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 256bits, strangerep, DennisN and 2 others
Alright, I put it on youtube, better work now!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre and DennisN
Rx7man said:
My poor abused cows have such a rough life [...]
Thanks for posting some happy images. They made me feel a bit better.

The situation over vast regions of Australia is so indescribably bad that I wasn't sure whether to post
this video which I find heart-wrenching. Take a deep breath before you decide whether to watch it.

Regrettably, animals like this one that people manage to rescue and nurse are probably a tiny drop in an ocean.

[Epilogue: the koala rescued in the video had to be euthanased a few days later as his burns were too severe and the pain intolerable, even with strong pain killers.]

:cry:
 
strangerep said:
[Epilogue: the koala rescued in the video had to be euthanased a few days later as his burns were too severe and the pain intolerable, even with strong pain killers.]
Great bravery and kindness by the woman who rescued it, but yeah, it sure looked like the burns were going to be too severe to recover from. I've dealt with human burns a bit in EMS, and that poor little guy looked to be in very bad shape.
 
I've been hearing a lot about it, I have a few friends and acquaintances in australia and it is really bad there.. I can't personally relate to the drought part as I have reliable water to irrigate with, but I can relate to the fires.. 2 years ago we had two fires in BC that were over 1 million acres each, one was only about 30 miles away as the crow flies.. few years prior we had a fire about 3 miles away, and several within 20 miles.. the smoke was unbelievable

IMG_4002.jpg
IMG_4259.JPG

20170717_114929.jpg
 
I did not know there was a species called red panda.
They are endangered and according to the wiki article it is estimated that less than 10'000 individuals exist. I was instantly struck by how beautiful they are (check the wiki link above for more great photos):

1200px-Tiergarten_Schoenbrunn_Kleiner_Panda_2.jpg


Sidenote: How did I end up at the red panda page? I was reading this post by @jbriggs444 about moles, and then I checked out the mole page on wiki and learned they have an extra thumb similar to the pandas, then I checked out the panda page on wiki and found out about red pandas. I started reading a classical physics thread and ended up discovering the red panda with a few clicks. The power of internet. :smile:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Klystron and strangerep
There is also the endangered Bread Panda. :oldbiggrin:

BreadPanda.jpg
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: strangerep, BillTre and DennisN
Borg said:
There is also the endangered Bread Panda.
I see similarities between the looks of those and your avatar. Does eating a lot of Bread Pandas make you look like them?
 
DennisN said:
a species called red panda.
Sticking its tongue out---got to love it.
 
Two new monsters joined us this past weekend. Meet Simba and Missy on the right.

cats.jpeg
 
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark, Bystander, fresh_42 and 1 other person
Simba, sleeping on the couch. He's the sweetest little thing.

cat-sleeping.jpg


@Evo here's your cat picture for the week!
 
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark, strangerep and DennisN
Drakkith said:
Simba, sleeping on the couch. He's the sweetest little thing.
Are you keeping the two new ones, or are they just visiting?
 
Here's a recent closeup of my female friendly feline called Cissi:
49443826872_ba17d6547b_c.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Fervent Freyja, Mary Conrads Sanburn, collinsmark and 1 other person
DennisN said:
Are you keeping the two new ones, or are they just visiting?

Keeping them.
 
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: Mary Conrads Sanburn and DennisN
Missy, taking her turn on this end of the couch.

20200126_230123.jpg
 
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: Fervent Freyja, Mary Conrads Sanburn, skyshrimp and 4 others
Drakkith said:
Two new monsters joined us this past weekend. Meet Simba and Missy on the right.
Judging from your first photo of them they look relatively young too me, six months or something maybe? Do you know their age?
 
DennisN said:
Judging from your first photo of them they look relatively young too me, six months or something maybe? Do you know their age?

They can't be more than about 3-4 months old or so. I adopted my other three cats when they were around 3 months old and the new kittens are about the same size.
 
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: Mary Conrads Sanburn and DennisN
Bandersnatch said:
Drakkith, that's enough cats to qualify you as a crazy cat lady. Or at least a crazy cat ladies' man. ;)

I blame my GF for two of the five. She's the one that wanted to get one for each of the kiddos to add to our collection of three already. I just end up feeding them, playing with them, taking pictures of them...
 
Never knew that this bird ... :woot:
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Bandersnatch, Drakkith and berkeman