Share Animal Pictures: For Animal Lovers

  • Thread starter Thread starter micromass
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Animal
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
3,073 replies · 329K views
micromass said:
It probably won't surprise you, but I absolutely adore ants. When I was very young, I would always search for ant nests and I would look at them for hours. I find the complexity of their behaviour absolutely fascinating.
I still like to watch them nowadays. They're so interesting. :!)

Did you know you can keep them at home: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formicarium

Marzena doesn't know yet, but I am thinking about a small formicarium in my room. In the past I had mantises:

marcin_creepy.jpg


Photo07.jpg
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Sleeping Fruit Bat Beauty.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg14/scaled.php?server=14&filename=sleepingbeautyk.jpg&res=medium
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Evo said:
Sleeping Fruit Bat Beauty.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg14/scaled.php?server=14&filename=sleepingbeautyk.jpg&res=medium

:!)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The Mighty Flying Dachshunds.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg363/scaled.php?server=363&filename=flyingdogsrd0.jpg&res=medium
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Rut ro!

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg441/scaled.php?server=441&filename=dogmv2.jpg&res=medium
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Evo said:
Fruit Bat.

ricco5awo7.jpg
Awwww! Please give him a gentle {{hug}} from me.
 
Evo said:
The Mighty Flying Dachshunds.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg363/scaled.php?server=363&filename=flyingdogsrd0.jpg&res=medium

First thought
343hu38.gif
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if this has been discussed already in this thread , but how many people here love 'house geckos' ? I recently looked them up on the net and found that they have moved to Europe , Australia and America only recently. I live in India and it is common to have them clinging on to the walls in houses here.

house-gecko.jpg


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_House_Gecko
 
Last edited:
No house geckos here, too far north. We have an occasional lizard near the house at best (this was taken on our outside stairs, probably viviparous lizard):

lizard.jpg


What you see on your monitor is most likely larger than the lizard itself, it had about 4 inches, perhaps up to 5.
 
We don't even have lizards, but newts and salamanders are quite common. There is still snow on the ground, so it's too cold for me to hope to find one to photograph.
 
http://cheezdailysquee.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/cute-animals-it-cant-be-morning-already.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
http://chzjustcapshunz.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/funny-animal-captions-platypus-humor.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
http://chzjustcapshunz.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/funny-animal-captions-hey-mom-said-settle-down.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
micromass said:
http://cheezdailysquee.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/cute-animals-one-cup-sugar-glider.jpg

Awwww!:!):!)

What animal is that??
 
Last edited by a moderator:
http://s2.desktopia.net/wp-content/uploads/walls/thumbs/Baby-Camel-Africa-575x431.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
http://s1.desktopia.net/wp-content/uploads/walls/thumbs/Baby-Deer-575x431.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
http://funnyphotosto.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/20/Funny-2Bfalcon-2Bbird-2B1.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator: