Should I buy Windows phone or Android phone?

In summary: Windows PhoneIn summary, the author recommends buying an Android phone over a Windows phone. There are no PF apps for Windows phone, and Windows phone is behind Android in terms of networking. The HTC One M9 is a good option, and the camera quality is good.
Electgineer
I'm confused on which to choose, I want the best mobile phone experience. Should I buy Windows phone or Android phone?

Computer science news on Phys.org
I recommend Android even in general since Windows is very late to the game compared to Android which is based on Unix which has a far longer foundation in flexibility, scaleability and networking. Consider that Windows didn't really get networking truly up to speed until Win7 and it was (and still is) behind *Nix in this area. If you've tried one you already know the UI is friendly and in no way a deal breaker.

Android.

I'd say android, by far, due largely to the availability of apps. And, I'd stick with trying to get a vanilla android experience, like nexus 5 was (not sure what the best choice is now).

If you asked iphone vs android, that would be a tougher question and more a matter of taste.

If you're crazy about apps, go for Android. Windows phone is a good platform, just lagging in terms of apps. I suggest you make a list of the apps you care about the most -- the one's that are absolutely essential to you, and see if they're all available on the Windows phone store before buying a Windows phone. I use a Windows phone and I am quite satisfied with the experience. Every WP is eligible for an update to Windows 10 when it arrives later this year, and the hope is that it will resolve the app situation with its Universal app platform.

I'm going to buy a Microsoft Lumia 640 XL LTE. I like both android and windows and in terms of apps , as android is better, I have started thinking of buying an android. Can some 1 suggest me an android phone, which comes with the latest version of android, which features all the hardware and network capabilities of Microsoft Lumia 640 XL LTE for the same price(around the price of the Lumia)? Screen size should be 5'' or more. Please help.
Thank You.

HyperTechno said:
I'm going to buy a Microsoft Lumia 640 XL LTE. I like both android and windows and in terms of apps , as android is better, I have started thinking of buying an android. Can some 1 suggest me an android phone, which comes with the latest version of android, which features all the hardware and network capabilities of Microsoft Lumia 640 XL LTE for the same price(around the price of the Lumia)? Screen size should be 5'' or more. Please help.
Thank You.
The HTC One M9 should be a good option for you, take a look at the comparing results http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=6891&idPhone2=7084 . The HTC is a bit more pricey but totally worth it.

Thank you. HTC 1 M9 is a very good phone but a bit pricier for me . There is a Chinese smart phone company which manufactures flagship breaking superior smart phones for very little prices. Have you heard of Ulefone Be Touch. It has an octa core processor with 3gb RAM with many other advanced hardware but costs about $220. I'm eager to buy 1 but really I can't sure the quality as it's a Chinese 1(well not a flagship either). If you guys know about this particular phone, please tell me whether buying in is worthy or not.

I expect that almost all phones are designed in conjunction with and made by ODM's in China. Its more an issue of whether the specific company is committed to a quality product. Many Chinese companies build very good quality products.

K thanks.!

meBigGuy said:
I expect that almost all phones are designed in conjunction with and made by ODM's in China. Its more an issue of whether the specific company is committed to a quality product. Many Chinese companies build very good quality products.

Unfortunately it's not true. I read, watched 100s of reviews regarding the Chinese phone that I 've mentioned before and many other Chinese phones but they all are bad assembled, full of bugs and lots of weaknesses regarding the camera. Camera quality is rubbish. I'm no further interested on buying any of those and I can't afford a flagship phone which worth more than $300 at the moment. The camera quality of Microsoft Lumia 640/640XL is sublime, superb and their screens are superb and the overall performance too superb(considering the price tag) Hardware wise, the above 2 are the best you can buy in the market now in that price range. Only thing that disappoints me is the lack of app base of the Windows OS. I really like the look and feel of the OS but the lack of apps is what makes me hesitate to go for a LUMIA. If Microsoft lumia 640/640XL has an android version, that's the most ideal phone for me for my likes, but that's not going to happen . Please some one suggest me an ANDROID phone with approximately same camera quality of LUMIA 640 XL and a 5'or more FHD or HD screen , plus considerably good in performing games and available within the $200-$270 range. The phone should be from a flagship(Motorola/LG/Samsung/Huawei/...) I want the latest android version too.:bow: Thank You.:rolleyes:

Electgineer said:
I'm confused on which to choose, I want the best mobile phone experience. Should I buy Windows phone or Android phone?

The latest Microsoft lumia phones are really good on camera and other hardware:wink:. But the Windows OS will not satisfy you as android:frown:. Because of the little app base:sorry:, your freedom will be limited compared to an android user:confused:. Plus you won't be able to experience the Google services as android:H. So go for android. Don't know whether Win 10 would support android and I OS apps:wideeyed:. If that's so, then consider a windows phone tooo_O. At the moment my suggestion is android...:smile:

I'm looking forward to the windows 10 mobile official release. Quite interested to know what kind of special features in it... . Will it be able to run android or ios apps as they say?

What are the main differences between a Windows phone and an Android phone?

The main differences between a Windows phone and an Android phone are the operating system, user interface, and app availability. Windows phones use the Windows operating system, while Android phones use the Android operating system. The user interface and design also differ between the two, with Windows phones having a more minimalist and tile-based design compared to the customizable and widget-based design of Android phones. Additionally, Android phones have access to a larger variety of apps, while Windows phones have a more limited selection.

Which operating system is better for a smartphone, Windows or Android?

It ultimately depends on personal preference and needs. Windows phones have a more streamlined and user-friendly interface, making it a good choice for those who prefer a simple and easy-to-use device. On the other hand, Android phones offer a more customizable experience with a larger selection of apps, making it ideal for those who want more control over their device.

Is it true that Windows phones have better security than Android phones?

While both operating systems have their own security measures in place, Windows phones are known to have better security features. Windows phones have built-in security features such as device encryption and remote wipe, making it more secure against malware and data breaches. Android phones, on the other hand, can be more vulnerable to security threats due to its open-source nature and the variety of apps available.

What are the long-term costs of owning a Windows phone compared to an Android phone?

In terms of long-term costs, Windows phones may be a more affordable option. Windows phones tend to have lower upfront costs and do not require a subscription for updates and security patches. Android phones, on the other hand, may have higher upfront costs and may require a subscription for updates and security patches, depending on the manufacturer and carrier.

Which one has a better user experience, Windows phone or Android phone?

The user experience can vary depending on personal preference and the specific device being used. However, Windows phones are known for their smooth and intuitive user interface, while Android phones offer a more customizable experience. It ultimately depends on the individual and their needs when it comes to determining which one has a better user experience.