Should I Pursue a Thesis for Latin Honors in Engineering Physics?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ted1508
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Honors
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Ted1508
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Is "Latin Honors" Worth It?

Currently I am a second semester Junior Engineering Physics major at CU Boulder.

As I have just dragged my GPA above a 3.0, and I have been considering attempting a thesis.

At my school, completion of an excellent independent research thesis, even at a GPA lower than 3.3 (Cum Laude) can earn an honors ranking. What are your experiences with this process? I am going to have only 12 credit hours each semester for senior year, so it may be possible.

My choice is to continue being a lab rat for the physics department, get a business or chemistry minor for about 15 credits each semester senior year, or add this thesis work.

Thoughts? Advice? Help!
Ted
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Concentrate on getting your degree. If you get some honors, that's gravy. If you don't get your degree, then you don't have to worry about any honors.