Shrodinger's Cat Paradox: A Possible Solution

• Thread starter Swapnil
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Paradox
In summary, the superstring theory provides a more comprehensive way of looking at Schrodinger's cat, as it requires us to write the Schrodinger wave function of the entire universe instead of just a single particle. This may not resolve all the philosophical problems associated with Schrodinger's cat, but it does highlight the limitations of our current quantum theory and the potential for further understanding through superstring theory.
Swapnil said:
I am reading "Beyond Einstein" by Kaku and one quote in the book specially caught my attention.

"... the superstring theory provides ... comprehensive way of looking at Schrodinder's cat. Usually, in quantum mechanics, physicists write the Schrodinger wave function of a certain particle. However, the complete quantum mechanical description of the superstring theory requires that we write the Schrodinger wave function of the entire universe... This does not resolve all the philosophical problems associated with Schrodinger's cat; it merely means that the original formulation of the problem ... may be incomplete."
I have published several papers in peer-reviewed journals on the relation between string theory and the measurement problem in QM, so I guess someone could call me an expert for such stuff. Still, the quote above does not make any sense to me. :rolleyes: