Simplified form of Voltage Formula

In summary, the simplified form of the voltage formula, V = IR, is used to calculate voltage in an electrical circuit by plugging in values for current and resistance. This formula tells us that voltage is directly proportional to current and resistance, and can be used for all types of circuits that are in a steady state and follow Ohm's law. Common applications of this formula include household circuits, automotive circuits, electronic devices, and engineering and scientific research.
Typhon4ever
In my book it gives the relationship between voltage and electric field as Vb-Va= -[itex]\int _a^{b}[/itex] E dl which for a positively charged conducting sphere Q simplifies to [itex]\frac{Q}{4\pi\epsilon_0} (\frac{1}{b}-\frac{1}{a})[/itex] my questions is that shouldn't it be [itex]\frac{Q}{4\pi\epsilon_0} (\frac{1}{a}-\frac{1}{b})[/itex]? The integral turns into [itex]\int _b^{a}[/itex] what am I missing here?

Physics news on Phys.org
Nvmind I got it I feel stupid lol

What is the simplified form of the voltage formula?

The simplified form of the voltage formula is V = IR, where V represents voltage, I represents current, and R represents resistance.

How do I use the simplified form of the voltage formula?

To use the simplified form of the voltage formula, plug in the values for current and resistance, then solve for voltage. Make sure to use consistent units for all variables.

What does the simplified form of the voltage formula tell us?

The simplified form of the voltage formula tells us the relationship between voltage, current, and resistance in an electrical circuit. It states that voltage is directly proportional to current and resistance, meaning that an increase in either current or resistance will result in a corresponding increase in voltage.

Can the simplified form of the voltage formula be used for all types of circuits?

Yes, the simplified form of the voltage formula can be used for all types of circuits as long as the circuit is in a steady state and obeys Ohm's law, which states that the voltage across a conductor is directly proportional to the current passing through it.

What are some common applications of the simplified form of the voltage formula?

The simplified form of the voltage formula is commonly used in various electrical and electronic systems, such as household circuits, automotive circuits, and electronic devices. It is also used in engineering and scientific research to analyze and design circuits.