Site that clearly explains transistors

• Thread starter logearav
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Transistors
In summary, the conversation discusses difficulties in applying KIRCHOFF VOLTAGE LAW in transistors, as it is different from circuits with batteries and resistances. The confusion is around applying KVL to the Vbe or Vce loop, and the starting point and path for these loops. A website is requested for clearer explanations, and a helpful example is provided by the expert.
logearav

Homework Statement

friends,
i have difficulty in applying KIRCHOFF VOLTAGE LAW in transistors. i am confused because it is totally different from circuits with batteries and resistances where finding the path of closed loop is easy say wheatstone's bridge.
but in transistor i cannot understand a statement like this " apply KVL TO Vbe loop or Vce loop.
can anyone give a link to a website which clearly explains these concepts?
help in this regard will be greatly appreciated

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
It means to say apply the KVL from the base to the emitter or from the collector to the emitter. Could you give an example of what confuses you?

both from base to emitter and also from collector to emitter. i am confused which is the starting point and the path. for example, which is positive and which is negative when i find Vbe and Vce.

Here, I just googled transistor circuit and clicked on one of the first websites, so here's a random example.

http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/trancirc.htm

Look at that first transistor circuit, the one with LEDs. The Vbe loop goes from the 9V to 470 to LED C to vce to gnd. The Vbe loop goes from 9V to switch to led to vbe to gnd.

dear mr. mindscrape, thanks a ton for the link.

1. What is a transistor?

A transistor is a semiconductor device that is used to amplify or switch electronic signals. It is a fundamental building block in modern electronic devices and is essential for the operation of computers, telephones, and other electronic devices.

2. How does a transistor work?

A transistor works by controlling the flow of electrons through a semiconductor material. It has three parts: the emitter, the base, and the collector. By applying a small voltage to the base, the transistor can act as a switch or an amplifier, allowing a larger current to flow through the collector.

3. What are the different types of transistors?

There are two main types of transistors: bipolar junction transistors (BJTs) and field-effect transistors (FETs). BJTs are made of doped semiconductor materials and have three terminals, while FETs are made of a channel of semiconductor material and have four terminals.

4. What are the applications of transistors?

Transistors are used in a wide range of electronic devices, including computers, televisions, radios, and cell phones. They are also used in power amplifiers, switches, and voltage regulators. Transistors are also a crucial component in integrated circuits, which are used in almost all electronic devices.

5. How have transistors changed the world?

Transistors have revolutionized the field of electronics. Before their invention, vacuum tubes were used in electronic devices, which were bulky, fragile, and consumed a lot of power. Transistors are much smaller, more reliable, and require less power, making them essential for the development of modern technology.