Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Sleeping habits and the risk of cancer

1. Feb 8, 2010 #1
    Hi!
    I am going to do a critical analysis of the paper http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19647986 (only 3 pages).
    This is a project that will run for some weeks and I thought that a good start would be if I could get someone with more knowledge in physics to just read the paper and maybe make a comment on the things that seems a little suspicious at first sight.

I would really appreciate some help!
    // Hymne

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 8, 2010 #2

Doug Huffman

Gold Member

The 'physics' are of TV/FM RF transmitters' biological effects.
    "field-attenuating influence of the metal springs in the mattress" would seem as effective as a tin-foil beanie and much more restful! This is a question that will be researched until the answer desired by the funding grant is provided.

My guy on the subject is Dr. John Moulder of Medical College of Wisconsin. Unfortunately he is retired and his oeuvre is being disappeared. Try the RADSAFE radiation health physics listserv.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook