Slew-rate of Op Amps in practice

  • Thread starter Thread starter NewtonianAlch
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Amps Op amps
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
NewtonianAlch
Messages
453
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



We have a given op-amp, the data sheet has a specified slew-rate value for it, but in practice it happens to be a lot lower.

I essentially used a step-input to determine the slew-rate and found it to be much lower. I can't remember the exact values now. I think The maximum slew-rate was 1V/us, but I calculated it based on the square wave input (step) to be like 0.4V/us, why would this be?

Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Slew rate is also a function of circuit configuration, in particular the power supply voltages and output loading, especially if capacitive.