Sliding on the surface of a rough sphere (ploting theta in excel)

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
chart2006
Messages
11
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



I have determined the solution to my problem however now the problem asks me to plot theta as the block flies off the sphere when Mu k ranges from 0.0 to 0.5 in increments of 0.05 I don't know a great deal about working with Microsoft Excel. Well I do just not enough to know how to plot theta from this equation. The information is as follows.

r = 1.5m

[tex]V_0 = 3m/s[/tex]

[tex]\mu[/tex] = 0.0 thru 0.5 in increments of 0.05

[tex]\theta = ?[/tex]

Homework Equations



[tex] V^2 = \frac{(2 - 4 \mu^2) (e^{2\mu\theta} - cos(\theta)) - 6 \mu sin(\theta)} {(1 + 4\mu^2)}+ V_0^2 e^{2\mu\theta}[/tex]

[tex] V = rgcos(\theta)[/tex]


The Attempt at a Solution



As for the attempt at the solution as I said I've already established the solution now I only need to plug into excel in order to solve for theta. Any help would be appreciated.
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
You need to state the entire problem. I don't think anyone understands what you're trying to do.