So after a B.Sc in Cell biology

In summary, the conversation discusses the suitable jobs for someone with a B.Sc in cell microbiology in a hospital setting. It is mentioned that while there are options such as doctor and pharmacist, further studies may be needed and there may be limited patient contact. It is suggested that there may be more interesting job opportunities in the industry.
doublemint
Hey guys,

I am trying to find what type of hospital jobs are suitable for a person who will have a B.Sc in cell microbiology. There are jobs (some have been stated many times in this forum) such as doctor, pharmacist, etc, but are there more? I know that a B.Sc will not get me much in a hospital setting and upgrading/ further studies will be needed. I've tried google, but the results end up to be research type jobs...
Thanks
DoubleMint

Physics news on Phys.org
With your degree in microbiology, I'd agree with Andy that your closest fit would be as a technician in the pathology department, spending a lot of time culturing bugs for diagnosis.

If you're willing to work outside of a hospital setting, you might be able to find more interesting jobs in industry. Microbiology isn't an area that's going to give you any reasons to have patient contact in a hospital, if that's why you're interested in that environment.

Thanks for the response Andy. I am just researching all the options I can do with my degree. Moonbear, what kind of other more interesting jobs are you talking about? Can you please talk more about it?:smile:

What career options are available after graduating with a B.Sc in Cell Biology?

A B.Sc in Cell Biology can lead to a variety of career options including research positions in academia or industry, laboratory technician roles, science communication and outreach, medical or healthcare careers, and further graduate studies in related fields such as molecular biology, genetics, or biotechnology.

What skills and knowledge will I gain from a B.Sc in Cell Biology?

Through a B.Sc in Cell Biology, you will gain a strong foundation in cellular and molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry, and microbiology. You will also develop critical thinking, analytical, and research skills that are essential for a career in science.

Is it necessary to pursue further education after a B.Sc in Cell Biology?

While a B.Sc in Cell Biology can lead to various entry-level positions, pursuing further education such as a Master's or Ph.D. can provide advanced knowledge and skills, open up more career opportunities, and increase earning potential.

What are some common job titles for individuals with a B.Sc in Cell Biology?

Some common job titles for individuals with a B.Sc in Cell Biology include research assistant, laboratory technician, microbiologist, medical technologist, science writer, and healthcare professional.

What are the latest advancements in the field of Cell Biology?

Cell Biology is a rapidly evolving field, and there have been many recent advancements such as CRISPR gene editing, single-cell analysis techniques, and organoid technology. Other areas of active research include stem cell biology, cancer biology, and neurobiology.