1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Biology So after a B.Sc in Cell biology

1. Jun 15, 2009 #1
    Hey guys,

I am trying to find what type of hospital jobs are suitable for a person who will have a B.Sc in cell microbiology. There are jobs (some have been stated many times in this forum) such as doctor, pharmacist, etc, but are there more? I know that a B.Sc will not get me much in a hospital setting and upgrading/ further studies will be needed. I've tried google, but the results end up to be research type jobs...
    Thanks
    DoubleMint

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 15, 2009 #2

Andy Resnick

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Lab technician/"research assistant".

4. Jun 16, 2009 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

With your degree in microbiology, I'd agree with Andy that your closest fit would be as a technician in the pathology department, spending a lot of time culturing bugs for diagnosis.

If you're willing to work outside of a hospital setting, you might be able to find more interesting jobs in industry. Microbiology isn't an area that's going to give you any reasons to have patient contact in a hospital, if that's why you're interested in that environment.

5. Jun 16, 2009 #4
    Thanks for the response Andy. I am just researching all the options I can do with my degree. Moonbear, what kind of other more interesting jobs are you talking about? Can you please talk more about it?:smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook