• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

So after a B.Sc in Cell biology

• Biology
  • Thread starter doublemint
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hey guys,

I am trying to find what type of hospital jobs are suitable for a person who will have a B.Sc in cell microbiology. There are jobs (some have been stated many times in this forum) such as doctor, pharmacist, etc, but are there more? I know that a B.Sc will not get me much in a hospital setting and upgrading/ further studies will be needed. I've tried google, but the results end up to be research type jobs...
Thanks
DoubleMint

Answers and Replies

Andy Resnick
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Lab technician/"research assistant".

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
With your degree in microbiology, I'd agree with Andy that your closest fit would be as a technician in the pathology department, spending a lot of time culturing bugs for diagnosis.

If you're willing to work outside of a hospital setting, you might be able to find more interesting jobs in industry. Microbiology isn't an area that's going to give you any reasons to have patient contact in a hospital, if that's why you're interested in that environment.

Thanks for the response Andy. I am just researching all the options I can do with my degree. Moonbear, what kind of other more interesting jobs are you talking about? Can you please talk more about it?:smile: