Cell physiology vs Molecular biology vs Cell Biology?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 7K views
Jarfi
Messages
384
Reaction score
12
What exactly is the concrete difference between those three?
 
Biology news on Phys.org
Why don't you tell us your understanding of them first? That way we can help you fix any misconceptions or fill in the blanks.
 
Ryan_m_b said:
Why don't you tell us your understanding of them first? That way we can help you fix any misconceptions or fill in the blanks.

I am studying molecular biology and my understanding is that it is the study of biological molecules, their interactions and purpose.

Cell Physiology is something that is about the engineering of the cell, basically study of biological cells.
Cell biology, inner working of the cells, and all their systems.. same as cell physiology as far as I can tell?
 
The way I explain it is:

Physiology = function
Anatomy = structure.

This applies to all biological systems, from cell to organism.