So we have problems with clocks measureing time ?

In summary, the authors of the paper argue that time is not a static, measurable entity, and that it is instead an "interaction parameter" that describes the phenomena being observed. This resolves a paradox in the theory of relativity, and is also the correct solution to the motion and infinity paradoxes.
brodix said:
Yes, but you are in motion relative to other observers.

You cannot reach the absolute state without becoming part of it, but then you cannot reach the speed of light without effectively becoming light, so physical impossibility shouldn't preclude theoretical validity.
How does the fact that you are in motion relative to other observers in any way imply there is an absolute state of rest? To me (and Einstein, and the entire scientific community today), the fact that motion is always measured relative to an arbitary reference - and the laws of physics work just fine that way - implies that there is no absolute state of rest.

Physics news on Phys.org
russ,

My point in that statement wasn't proof of an absolute frame, but that your reference frame is visibly relative. This statement;
The part you are missing here (again) is that you have arbitrarily defined a zero reference frame. Its the frame you are in. What you will find is that you are always in the stationary frame because you can never be in motion with respect to yourself!

Is similar to saying that the Earth is arbitrarily the center of the universe, because you are on it. My reason for referring to it isn't because it is wrong, but because it supports my observation that all points are the center of their universe and only an arbitrary perspective creates order.

Now, let me repeat myself; I am not saying there is anything other then arbitrary frames of reference. I'm saying that there is an equilibrium amoung all motion and matter that is generally taken for granted by the scientific community.

I've raised several concepts that imply, not a absolute state of rest, but that there exists a fundamental equilibrium, whether it's the concept of matter and anti-matter, or that the universal forces of expansion and gravitational collapse balance out, with an ultimately flat universe.
I've yet to hear that "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction." has been refuted.

To tie these points together, a reference frame is an arbitrary three dimensional coordinate system, any number of such may define the same space, so no, there is no universal reference frame, but empty space, undefined by any particular coordinate system, is the most effective description for the equilibrium that is generally taken for granted by science.

Hi Russ
Let us now go back and take a look at a reference frame moving with a velocity V1 in direction from A to B ( A ---> B ) you have agreed that if a clock H is moving faster then V1 in the direction AB that it will tick slower then a clock M moving at a velocity V1 and you have also agreed that if the clock H slows down to V1 it will tick faster until the point that its velocity is equal to the clock M moving at V1 then it will tick at the same rate as the clock at V1.
Are we still in agreement?

4Newton said:
Are we still in agreement?
Yes, 4Newton.

Hi again Russ
Let us now go back and take a look at a reference frame moving with a velocity V1 in direction from A to B ( A ---> B ) you have agreed that if a clock H is moving faster then V1 in the direction AB that it will tick slower then a clock M moving at a velocity V1 and you have also agreed that if the clock H slows down to V1 it will tick faster until the point that its velocity is equal to the clock M moving at V1 then it will tick at the same rate as the clock at V1.
If now the clock L is moving at a velocity of V1 and it moves in the direction BA the clock then increases the tick rate higher than the clock M moving at a velocity V1. You did agree that clocks that slow down in velocity increase their tick rate.
This is the same thing in the GPS system from the view of the satellite. The reference frame is that of the satellite.
I don’t think you are going to agree for some reason. Surprise me.

<h2>1. How do clocks measure time?</h2><p>Clocks measure time by using a consistent and repeatable process, such as the ticking of a pendulum or the oscillation of a quartz crystal, to keep track of the passage of time.</p><h2>2. Can clocks be inaccurate?</h2><p>Yes, clocks can be inaccurate due to a variety of factors, such as mechanical issues, environmental conditions, or human error. Regular maintenance and calibration can help minimize inaccuracies.</p><h2>3. Why do different clocks measure time differently?</h2><p>Different types of clocks may use different mechanisms to measure time, which can result in slight variations in their measurements. Additionally, factors such as altitude and gravity can also affect the accuracy of a clock.</p><h2>4. How do we know that clocks are measuring time correctly?</h2><p>To ensure that clocks are measuring time correctly, they are often compared to a standard timekeeping device, such as an atomic clock, which is considered to be the most accurate method of measuring time.</p><h2>5. Can time be measured in other ways besides clocks?</h2><p>Yes, time can also be measured using natural phenomena, such as the rotation of the Earth or the decay of radioactive materials. However, these methods may not be as precise as using a clock.</p>

1. How do clocks measure time?

Clocks measure time by using a consistent and repeatable process, such as the ticking of a pendulum or the oscillation of a quartz crystal, to keep track of the passage of time.

2. Can clocks be inaccurate?

Yes, clocks can be inaccurate due to a variety of factors, such as mechanical issues, environmental conditions, or human error. Regular maintenance and calibration can help minimize inaccuracies.

3. Why do different clocks measure time differently?

Different types of clocks may use different mechanisms to measure time, which can result in slight variations in their measurements. Additionally, factors such as altitude and gravity can also affect the accuracy of a clock.

4. How do we know that clocks are measuring time correctly?

To ensure that clocks are measuring time correctly, they are often compared to a standard timekeeping device, such as an atomic clock, which is considered to be the most accurate method of measuring time.

5. Can time be measured in other ways besides clocks?

Yes, time can also be measured using natural phenomena, such as the rotation of the Earth or the decay of radioactive materials. However, these methods may not be as precise as using a clock.