1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Software product & socio-technical system

1. Oct 7, 2012 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

What are the differences and similarities between a software product & socio-technical system?

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

socio-technical system :
    Systems that include technical systems but also operational processes and people who use and interact with the technical system. Socio-technical systems are governed by organisational policies and rules

software product :
    Technical computer-based systems
    Systems that include hardware and software but where the operators and operational processes are not normally considered to be part of the system. The system is not self-aware.

I just want to know if software product is the same of computer-based systems ? and if my answer is correct or not ?
    thanx in advanced

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 8, 2012 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Could you give several examples of each, in order to clarify the question and your answers?

4. Oct 15, 2012 #3
    Example of socio-technical system Hospital
    I don't know what is software product to give an example and software product is not Technical computer-based systems

thanx for help

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook