Average kinetic energy of CH4 and N2 at 294 K and 574 K

  • Thread starter Thread starter ironizer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Gas Gas law Law
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
ironizer
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Gas Law problem... please help

Calculate the average kinetic energies of the CH4 and N2 molecules at 294 K and 574 K.

I've tried every possible way I could think of. I can't get the right answer. I don't know what equation to use anymore, I've done it all and nothing works.

I got all these answers:

676
4.06e-21
4333.34
J/molecule 3 sig figs
And none of them are good. I'm getting annoyied, someone give me a hint please. Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org


Thank-you all for the help.


I figured it out myself.