Gravitational potential energy and radiated power of the sun

  • Thread starter Thread starter hobobobo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Homework
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
32 replies · 9K views
hobobobo said:
Well I did the lifetime = (energy) / (rate [energy/time] at which sun emits energy) which I got 8.55x10^14 which is a really really big number, that number is bigger than a trillion lol.

What are the units on that? Seconds aren't they? How many years?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
hobobobo said:
Well I did the lifetime = (energy) / (rate [energy/time] at which sun emits energy) which I got 8.55x10^14 which is a really really big number, that number is bigger than a trillion lol.

Remember the units that is in though.

EDIT: damn beaten to it.
 
oh >_> haha yea I'm in a hurry and I keep forgetting to look at the units lol thanks a lot you guys, you guys are a big help.