Solve Rate Word Problem: 34 FTF Produced 3800 Meals in 40 Hours

In summary, the problem is asking for the rate of meals served per labor minute, with the given information of 34 FTF (possibly meaning Full Time Employees) producing 3800 meals in one 40 hour week. To find the rate, we use the formula Rate = Variable / Time, with the variable being the number of meals and the time being the 40 hours (2400 minutes) worked in a week. After calculating, the answer is 0.05 meals per employee-minute, with 34 employees working one minute. It is important to include the units in the answer, so the answer could also be expressed as 0.05 meals/minute.
jacy
hi,
Someone please help me with this problem.

How many meals were served per labor minute if 34 FTF produced 3800 meals in one 40 hour week, thanks. I don't know where to begin.

Physics news on Phys.org
One is asked to find a rate, expressed in meals/minute.

So Rate = Variable / Time.

The Variable in this problem is the number of meals.

Time = The 40 hrs (the time labor works in one calendar week).

So how many minutes in 40 hrs?

Astronuc said:
One is asked to find a rate, expressed in meals/minute.
So Rate = Variable / Time.
The Variable in this problem is the number of meals.
Time = The 40 hrs (the time labor works in one calendar week).
So how many minutes in 40 hrs?

Thanks, there r 2400 mins in 40 hr.
Rate = 3800 meals/ 2400 min.

But am not getting the answer.

What is "FTF"?

What is a "labor minute"?

HallsofIvy said:
What is "FTF"?
What is a "labor minute"?

I think FTF means employees.

This is what am getting

3800/40 hr
= 3800/2400 min
= 1.58

1.58/ 34 = 0.05

This answer that am getting is one of the options. I hope am right, thanks.

I hope that is NOT one of the options because, in this question, "0.05" is meaningless! 0.05 WHAT? What are the units?

jacy said:
How many meals were served per labor minute if 34 FTF produced 3800 meals in one 40 hour week, thanks. I don't know where to begin.
Are you sure it wasn't FTE? "Full Time Employees" would make more sense.
There are 60 minutes per hour and so 60*40= 2400 minutes per "40 hour week". Serving 3800 meals in that time is (3800 meals)/(2400 minute) meals/minute= 1.583333 meals/minute. Since there were 34 employees working one minute is 34 "employee-minutes" so we need to divide by 34
(1.583333 meals/minute)/(34 employee-minutes/minute)= 0.0466 meals/employee-minute. You are welcome to round that off to 0.05 but the units are an essential part of the answer: I hope the answer you are referring to is "0.05 meals per employee-minute".

Related to Solve Rate Word Problem: 34 FTF Produced 3800 Meals in 40 Hours

1. How do you calculate the solve rate for a word problem?

In order to calculate the solve rate for a word problem, you need to divide the total number of units produced by the total amount of time it took to produce them. In this case, the solve rate would be 3800 meals divided by 40 hours, which equals 95 meals per hour.

2. What does "34 FTF" mean in the word problem?

"34 FTF" stands for "34 full-time equivalent", which means that the total number of workers involved in producing the 3800 meals is equivalent to 34 full-time workers.

3. How many meals can be produced in one hour by one full-time worker?

To calculate the number of meals produced in one hour by one full-time worker, you can divide the total number of meals (3800) by the total number of hours worked (40) and the total number of full-time workers (34). This would give you a solve rate of approximately 2.8 meals per hour per full-time worker.

4. Can the solve rate change if the number of workers or hours worked changes?

Yes, the solve rate can change if the number of workers or hours worked changes. If the number of workers increases, the solve rate will increase as more meals can be produced in the same amount of time. Similarly, if the number of hours worked increases, the solve rate will decrease as the same number of meals will take longer to produce.

5. How can this information be used in a real-life scenario?

This information can be used to determine how many meals can be produced in a certain amount of time by a specific number of workers. It can also be used to calculate the efficiency of a production process and make improvements if needed. Additionally, it can be used to plan and budget for future projects or events that require a certain number of meals to be produced within a specific timeframe.