Solve the circuit and find all the currents in the circuit

  • Thread starter Thread starter hmzi123
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Circuit Currents
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
hmzi123
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Homework Statement
Solve the circuit and find all the currents in the circuit.
Relevant Equations
Kirchhoff's circuit laws
1.png

Hello, i have this circuit as a homework. And i have to find all the I's, and Uef, i got stuck at writing Kirchhoff's laws in this circuit, do you think you can help me write them, and also can you explain how can i calculate Uef?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
hmzi123 said:
Homework Statement:: Solve the circuit and find all the currents in the circuit.
Relevant Equations:: Kirchhoff's circuit laws

View attachment 263806
Hello, i have this circuit as a homework. And i have to find all the I's, and Uef, i got stuck at writing Kirchhoff's laws in this circuit, do you think you can help me write them, and also can you explain how can i calculate Uef?
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

The PF rules require that you show your best effort at working the problem before we can offer tutorial assistance. Start by writing the KVL equations for the loops that are shown -- we will check your work. Thanks.
 
Ok, I'm sorry. After writing there I don't know how to continue to find any I, and also I don't know how to calculate Uef.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20200531_074744.jpg
    IMG_20200531_074744.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 192
I do not understand the circuit element Ub with the double arrow inside the circle. Can you explain it? Also, what does "J = 1 A" represent and what is its relation to I2?

You have 5 unknown currents, I1-I5. That means you need a total of 5 equations to solve as a system of linear equations.
 
The ub with 2 arrows is the start of the circuit, and J=I2= 1A.
 
hmzi123 said:
The ub with 2 arrows is the start of the circuit, and J=I2= 1A.
Is Ub a battery? If so, do you know its voltage? Also is the convention that the arrows inside the circles point from the negative to the positive pole of the battery?

What does "start of the circuit" mean? You can start anywhere when you apply the voltage rule, no?