Solving Circuit Problem - Q=CV, V=IR

• Thread starter chronicals
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Circuit
In summary, the equation for solving circuit problems is Q=CV, where Q is the charge, C is the capacitance, and V is the voltage. To use this equation, you first need to determine the values of Q and C, and then solve for V. Similarly, the equation for voltage in a circuit is V=IR, where V is the voltage, I is the current, and R is the resistance. To use this equation, you first need to determine the values of V and R, and then solve for I. These two equations can also be used together to solve circuit problems and gain a more comprehensive understanding of the circuit.
chronicals

Homework Statement

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/7318/akmb.jpg

Homework Equations

Q=CV, V=IR

The Attempt at a Solution

I have solved c and d, but i need your help and explanations about a and b.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Thank you for reaching out for help with your circuit problem. It appears that you have already made progress with parts c and d, but are seeking assistance with parts a and b. Let's take a closer look at the equations involved to help you better understand how to solve these parts.

The first equation, Q=CV, represents the relationship between charge (Q), capacitance (C), and voltage (V). This equation states that the charge stored in a capacitor (Q) is equal to the product of the capacitance (C) and the voltage (V) across the capacitor. In order to solve part a, you will need to use this equation along with the given values for the capacitance and voltage.

The second equation, V=IR, represents Ohm's law and relates voltage (V), current (I), and resistance (R). This equation states that the voltage across a resistor (V) is equal to the product of the current (I) flowing through the resistor and the resistance (R) of the resistor. In order to solve part b, you will need to use this equation along with the given values for the voltage and resistance.

I would recommend writing out the given values for each part and substituting them into the appropriate equation. This will help you to solve for the unknown variable in each case. If you are still having trouble, feel free to reach out for further assistance. Good luck!

Related to Solving Circuit Problem - Q=CV, V=IR

What is the equation for solving circuit problems?

The equation for solving circuit problems is Q=CV, where Q is the charge, C is the capacitance, and V is the voltage.

How do you use the equation Q=CV to solve circuit problems?

To use the equation Q=CV, you first need to determine the values of Q and C. Then, you can plug those values into the equation and solve for V, the voltage.

What is the equation for voltage in a circuit?

The equation for voltage in a circuit is V=IR, where V is the voltage, I is the current, and R is the resistance.

How do you use the equation V=IR to solve circuit problems?

To use the equation V=IR, you first need to determine the values of V and R. Then, you can plug those values into the equation and solve for I, the current.

Can you use both Q=CV and V=IR to solve circuit problems?

Yes, these two equations can be used together to solve circuit problems. By combining the equations, you can solve for multiple variables and get a more comprehensive understanding of the circuit.