Solving for an indicated variable

• Thread starter vrfulgen
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Variable
In summary, "Solving for an indicated variable" is a mathematical process that allows us to find the value of a specific variable in an equation. It is important because it helps us solve real-world problems and understand mathematical models. The steps involve isolating the indicated variable by performing inverse operations on both sides of the equation. Some common techniques include combining like terms and using the order of operations, while common mistakes to avoid include forgetting to perform operations on both sides and making calculation errors. It is crucial to double-check your work and always refer back to the original equation to ensure accuracy.
vrfulgen

Homework Statement

http://mathway.com/math_image.aspx?p=tSMB012`SMB02RSMB03SMB02FSMB03mSMB10kSMB02fSMB03SMB02rSMB03?p=67?p=42

We are solving for k.

^click the link.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I know both sides need to be squared... maybe divide t by 2∏
This is probably really easy but I've been studying all day and I'm just not seeing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
It may be just me, but I don't even see a k in the problem...

What is "Solving for an indicated variable"?

"Solving for an indicated variable" is a mathematical process where you rearrange an equation to isolate a specific variable and find its value.

Why is "Solving for an indicated variable" important?

"Solving for an indicated variable" is important because it allows us to find the value of a specific variable in an equation, which can be useful in solving real-world problems and understanding the relationships between different variables in a mathematical model.

What are the steps to "Solving for an indicated variable"?

The steps to "Solving for an indicated variable" may vary depending on the type of equation, but generally involve isolating the indicated variable on one side of the equation by performing inverse operations, such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division, on both sides of the equation until the variable is alone.

What are some common techniques used in "Solving for an indicated variable"?

Some common techniques used in "Solving for an indicated variable" include combining like terms, distributing, and using the order of operations. It is also important to pay attention to any specific rules or properties that may apply to the given equation, such as the distributive property or the exponent rules.

What are some common mistakes to avoid when "Solving for an indicated variable"?

Some common mistakes to avoid when "Solving for an indicated variable" include forgetting to perform the same operation on both sides of the equation, incorrectly applying rules or properties, and making calculation errors. It is important to double-check your work and always go back to the original equation to ensure that you have correctly solved for the indicated variable.