Solving for Water Temperature: 4000J Added to 400g at 20°C

  • Thread starter Thread starter reallydumb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Temperature Water
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
reallydumb
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
4000J of heat energy are added to 400 grams of water at 20 degrees celsius. What is the resulting temperature of the water?

I know that I'm supposed to find Kelvin (K) but I'm not sure on which equation to use..
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Look in your textbook and class notes, you should be able to find an equation that relates the quantities that are given / asked for (energy, mass, temperature).
 
Redbelly98 said:
Look in your textbook and class notes, you should be able to find an equation that relates the quantities that are given / asked for (energy, mass, temperature).


Thats why I asked because I really can't find it in the book or notes

Please just tell me the equation xD
 
I started physics 2 months ago so I haven't a clue of most of the stuff in that link, we have'nt come across it yet

Anyway nevermind :frown: