Solving Lens Makers Formula: Image Location @ 500cm o, f=50cm

  • Thread starter Thread starter jpartdq
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Formula Lens
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 7K views
jpartdq
Messages
8
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



A concave mirror has a focal length of f=50 cm. If an object is at o=500cm, where is the image?

Homework Equations



1/f = 1/o + 1/i

The Attempt at a Solution



1/50 = 1/500 + 1/55.56

What I don't understand is "where is the image"? How do I interpret it from my solution?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
jpartdq said:

Homework Statement



A concave mirror has a focal length of f=50 cm. If an object is at o=500cm, where is the image?

Homework Equations



1/f = 1/o + 1/i

The Attempt at a Solution



1/50 = 1/500 + 1/55.56

What I don't understand is "where is the image"? How do I interpret it from my solution?

You have found the value of 1/i =1/55.56 therefore i=55.56 in other words the image is 55.56 cm from the mirror.