Solving SAT Physics: Momentum of Block Starting from Rest at 5s

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
spyroarcher
Messages
13
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


If the block starts from rest, its momentum at 5 seconds is...


Homework Equations


p=mv
F=ma
v=at


The Attempt at a Solution


When I thought about it, I was thinking about p=mv, and I had to substitute v to get a desirable answer. So I did p=m(at). However I only know the time, and I know the answer is 10 kg m/s, but I am not sure how to do it. Thanks in advance.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
"If the block starts from rest, its momentum at 5 seconds is..."

Is that the full question? If so, there is no answer.
 
Yes that is the full question, if it is impossible, how would the book get 10?
It also said p=F(change in T) for the answer
 
Sure, F=dp/dt, so ∆p=∫Fdt. If you have a constant force of 2N acting on the particle you will get ∆p=F∆t=2*5=10 kgm/s, but I don't see anything about that.