Change in internal energy and heat for diatomic gas transitioning from state a to c

  • Thread starter Thread starter sciontc03
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Gas Transition
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
sciontc03
Messages
9
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


I need help with this problem please. My partner and I have stared at this problem and keep going in circles and can't seem to figure out how to work this problem. Please help!

One mole of an ideal diatomic gas undergoes a transition from a to c along the diagonal path in the figure attached.



During the transition, what is the change in internal energy of the gas?

How much energy is added to the gas as heat?

How much heat is required if the gas goes from a to c along the indirect path abc?


Homework Equations



pv=nrt
E=Q-W

The Attempt at a Solution


I don't even know where to begin. Please help.
 
Attachments
  • hrw7_19-23.gif
    hrw7_19-23.gif
    2.1 KB · Views: 509
Physics news on Phys.org