1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Sources of funding for undergrad summer research

1. Mar 31, 2015 #1
    Hey guys, I found summer work with a post-doc in my University. I will be working with him on a side project that he's had an interest in for some time, but could only start it this coming summer because of lack of time. However, because he's only a post-doc (and I only got the position by cold-calling him and saying "hey I'm interested in that too, lets work together"), I have no funding. Can someone provide advice on how I might find a fellowship or grant that will fund my summer work?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 31, 2015 #2
    Would also be interested in member's suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
  4. Mar 31, 2015 #3

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

This sort of thing often depends on which country you are studying in, and/or are originally from.

5. Mar 31, 2015 #4
    Am from the US, will be studying in the US.

6. Apr 1, 2015 #5

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Please browse/search the Academic Guidance forum for "REU" and "internship".

Zz.

7. Apr 1, 2015 #6

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

I think your best bet is to ask your department office at the university about possible sources of departmental or university funds that can be arranged on relatively short notice. There may be formal state or national programs for this sort of thing, but if they exist, the application deadlines have almost surely passed.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook