Sources of funding for undergrad summer research

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 1K views
pantheid
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Hey guys, I found summer work with a post-doc in my University. I will be working with him on a side project that he's had an interest in for some time, but could only start it this coming summer because of lack of time. However, because he's only a post-doc (and I only got the position by cold-calling him and saying "hey I'm interested in that too, let's work together"), I have no funding. Can someone provide advice on how I might find a fellowship or grant that will fund my summer work?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Would also be interested in member's suggestions.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
pantheid said:
Can someone provide advice on how I might find a fellowship or grant that will fund my summer work?

This sort of thing often depends on which country you are studying in, and/or are originally from.
 
I think your best bet is to ask your department office at the university about possible sources of departmental or university funds that can be arranged on relatively short notice. There may be formal state or national programs for this sort of thing, but if they exist, the application deadlines have almost surely passed.