Is Society Doing Enough to Protect Children from Inappropriate Content?

• Thread starter CrystalStudios
  • Start date
In summary, The SOUTHPARK movie, known for its explicit content and language, has recently been aired on Comedy Central completely unedited and uncensored. This has been seen as a victory against censorship, with many viewers expressing surprise and support for the decision. However, there are also concerns about the effect of such content on children and the role of parental controls in protecting them. Overall, the debate continues about the balance between adult content and preserving the innocence of youth.
CrystalStudios
Most people have seen the SOUTHPARK movie. For those who haven't, it's filled with **** and **** and ***** and also nudity.

Tonight, and the past few nights, at 1AM comedy central has been airing the movie completely unedited and unsensored. I personally saw the nudity and heard the ****S and ****S and MOTHER****ERS.

This is truly a victory against censorship!

YAY!

Physics news on Phys.org
yes i was surprised to see that and hear that i watched it last night it was good but weird

Down with the mother****ers that **** around with all the ****ing **** and ***** about the ****ing censorship bollocks!

Talk about your silly'ness, a "self censored" Salute to uncensored, hummm, I smell a paradox...{Sniff...SniFF}

It wasnt self censored, was censored by the pwers that be in this website, even though i only swore so much in that because i knew it would be censored, but is it still self censorship if someone else does it and i know they are going to do it before i do it?

I don't see why things at 1am should be censored.
Imagine the SP movie was never censored, how many kids would learn a swear word from it?

Good Question Dave, kids are going to learn then sometimes/somewhere/sooner or later...so how/where is the best protection for "Youth", while still maintaining "adult content" in publically available consumptions??

Gotta remeber, most "kids" can program the VCR better then their parents(?).

No replacement for parental 'controls' but, assistance from society in helping those who would wish to preserve the innocence of their children for the longest possible, would be an "appreciable/assitive/helpful thing".

FAQ: Is Society Doing Enough to Protect Children from Inappropriate Content?

1. Why was "Southpark: Censorship Ruined" censored?

There are a few reasons why an episode of South Park may be censored. In some cases, it may be due to language or content deemed inappropriate for certain audiences. Other times, it may be due to legal reasons or requests from networks or advertisers.

2. How does censorship impact the overall message of the episode?

Censorship can greatly impact the overall message of an episode. It may alter the intended meaning or tone, or even completely change the story. In some cases, censorship may prevent the episode from accurately portraying a certain topic or issue.

3. Has "Southpark: Censorship Ruined" received any backlash for its censorship?

Yes, the episode has received some backlash for its censorship. Some viewers argue that the episode's message was lost due to the censorship, while others believe that the episode should not have been censored in the first place.

4. Are there any other episodes of South Park that have been censored?

Yes, there have been numerous episodes of South Park that have been censored over the years. Some notable examples include "Cartoon Wars," "200," and "201," which all faced censorship due to their controversial content.

5. How does "Southpark: Censorship Ruined" reflect issues of censorship in society?

The episode is meant to be a commentary on censorship in society, particularly in the media. It highlights how censorship can impact the entertainment industry and limit artistic freedom. The episode also touches on the power dynamics at play when it comes to censorship, and how certain groups or individuals may have more control over what is censored.

Back