1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Spacetime Physics - which edition/printing?

1. Mar 25, 2012 #1
    After reading some posts on PF, it seems that the 1st edition of Spacetime Physics by Wheeler and Taylor is considered to be the better one, having worked problems and solutions. I'm looking at a few used ones on Alibris and there's one from 1966 and a few from 1971. My question is is the one from '71 the one with the solutions or is it the '66?

I'm pretty sure they're both first editions because from what I've gathered, the first editions have a red cover and the seller of one of the '71 has told me it's red.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 26, 2012 #2
    I would ask the seller, to be sure of that you buy the right one.

4. Mar 26, 2012 #3
    Yeah, they just told me that it is red.

Is the the one with the blue astronaut and black background 1st or 2nd edition?

5. Mar 26, 2012 #4
    The book with solutions is easy to recognise. The solutions are not just a few pages, but the second half of the book. It's type-written.

6. Mar 26, 2012 #5
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  7. Mar 27, 2012 #6
    ^ Thanks, the ISBN of the copies I'm looking at are all the same

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook