Specific heat capacity aluminium

In summary, specific heat capacity is the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of a substance by 1 degree Celsius per unit mass. The specific heat capacity of aluminium is 0.897 J/g·°C and it is important for determining the amount of energy needed to change its temperature. Compared to other materials like water, aluminium has a relatively low specific heat capacity. The specific heat capacity of aluminium can vary slightly depending on its state, temperature, purity, and structure, but these changes are usually insignificant.
Cammers5
Homework Statement
An experiment I did I got the specific heat capacity of aluminium to be too low. Anything I could say to improve my experiment?
Relevant Equations
Eh=cm(delta)T
say I used a good insulator?

Physics news on Phys.org
Hello CAmmers, :welcome: !
Cammers5 said:
Homework Statement:: An experiment I did I got the specific heat capacity of aluminium to be too low. Anything I could say to improve my experiment?
What experiment ?

Likes etotheipi
Specific heat capacity

With the power supply the 1kg of aluminium and thermometer and I had a meter that could measure heat energy also

Cammers5 said:
With the power supply the 1kg of aluminium and thermometer and I had a meter that could measure heat energy also
Let me guess. Your answer came out too high.

1. What is the specific heat capacity of aluminium?

The specific heat capacity of aluminium is 0.897 J/g°C. This means that it takes 0.897 joules of energy to raise the temperature of 1 gram of aluminium by 1 degree Celsius.

2. How does the specific heat capacity of aluminium compare to other materials?

Aluminium has a relatively low specific heat capacity compared to other common metals, such as copper and iron. This means that it requires less energy to raise the temperature of aluminium compared to these other materials.

3. Why is specific heat capacity important for aluminium?

Specific heat capacity is an important property for aluminium because it helps determine how much energy is needed to heat or cool the metal. This is important in industrial processes, such as metal casting and welding, where precise temperature control is necessary for successful production.

4. How does the specific heat capacity of aluminium change with temperature?

The specific heat capacity of aluminium does not change significantly with temperature. It remains relatively constant at 0.897 J/g°C over a wide range of temperatures.

5. Can the specific heat capacity of aluminium be changed?

The specific heat capacity of aluminium is an intrinsic property of the material and cannot be changed. However, it can be influenced by impurities and alloying elements, which may affect its thermal properties.