Speed of Lever at Rest w/ 3lb Weight Attached

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
poopforfood
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
So I have a simple lever that is connected to an extension spring. When the extension spring is exteneded it applies a force of 40lbs on the lever. The lever is 3 feet long and the pivot point is 1 foot from the top and 2 foot from the bottom. The lever weighs 2.1 lbs and has a 3lb weight attached to the bottom. Can anyone help me figure out what the speed is at the bottom of the arm. I attached a picture to this thread. The speed I need is the point when the lever is at rest as seen in the diagram.
 
Attachments
  • lever.jpg
    lever.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 523
Physics news on Phys.org
You just posted a very similar question. Use the same approach that tiny-tim suggested. Any other homework problems should be posted in the appropriate board.