I used to be very active in sports. In particular I was good at football, and honestly, I might have been good enough to be a pro kicker [kicked a 60 yard punt in the 8th grade], but I never did pursue this due to knee injuries aggravated while playing high school football.
Also, was in competitive swimming, absolutely loved playing volleyball, studied Judo formerly, and informally, Karate and a mix of other martial arts for fun. I would spar with a buddy who had his brown belt at the time...I think...one below black anyway. Also, once went six rounds with a former golden gloves national champion. Of course, he totally kicked my butt.
For years I ran and finally achieved a routine of five miles a day, followed by one-hundred push-ups, and then 100 sit-ups. Also, I started lifting weights at age twelve and continued to do so well into my early twenties. In fact one of the first things I ever bought with my own money was a weight set. In particular I was a very strong at the free weight military press, and also the leg press on the weight machine. In high school I could pump 750 Lbs almost indefinitely if I went slowly enough...which certainly didn't help my knee problems.
Desert and moto-cross motorcycle riding were also favorites. We used to go to places like El Mirage dry lake area, Gorman, Glamis, and other desert areas in Southern California.
Played baseball for some years but totally sucked. I think my batting average needed an extra decimal position to average > zero.
Did some long distance cycling for a time. The longest trek make in one day was about 120 miles - took nineteen hours of riding through desert and mountains.
Oh yes, can't forget body surfing and Boogie boards - great fun!
Now my favorite sports are brush clearing, weed spraying, home remodeling, and various chainsaw sports.