1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Medical Sports - Working out - Recovery

1. Jan 6, 2008 #1
    Why is it that I am more sore the 2nd day after my work-out rather than the next?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 6, 2008 #2
    You were still delirious on the first day ....:tongue2:

sorry .... I don't have a better answer. I always feel the most sore on the next day after a hard workout.

4. Jan 6, 2008 #3
    Lol, well this isn't uncommon for me so I've become curious as to the reason. I just find it strange, maybe I'm not human :-\

5. Jan 6, 2008 #4
    From my experience your workout was most intense when the pain is worst on the second day of recovery as opposed to the first. I have no clue why this is and I'm also curious about it.

6. Jan 6, 2008 #5
    What kind of workout are you guys talking about, out of curiosity? Are these strength-building exercises, i.e. anaerobic exercise? I do a lot of bicycling, so for me the most intense workouts I get tend to be long rides, say 80-100 miles (that's long for me - not for everyone!). This is mostly aerobic, but still, my legs are totally spent and if I worked hard enough, they're really tired the next day - walking up the stairs can be noticeably harder. Now, on the second day, my muscles can certainly feel tighter, especially if I haven't done any stretching or light recovery exercise since the big event, but they don't feel more sore or tired.

7. Jan 6, 2008 #6
    Well I run and lift weights almost 4x a week, but the other day I played Football and it's been a long time since I've played sports hard. My feet hurt more today then yesterday and I sat on my a** the whole day!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?