Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Stability of cosmological models

1. Apr 12, 2008 #1
    to those experts in the field of cosmology

i was wondering if " large scale structures can be formed in stable cosmological models"

or should i say that " large scale structures cannot be formed in those cosmological models that are stable with respect to gravitational or other curvature perturbations like the Einstein static universe model "

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 13, 2008 #2

Wallace

Science Advisor

Hmm, this sounds like a homework question.

What are your thoughts on this? Generally homework help is given only if the genuine attempts made have been shown in the post. There is also a specific homework help forum, although for cosmology you might get better results here, but you still need to show your work on the question first!

Welcome to PF!

4. Apr 13, 2008 #3
    hint : Wanas and Bakry in a paper entitled " stability of cosmological models"

say : that large scale structures cannot be formed in stable cosmological models.

i just don't agree and i say that their argument is not accurate enough . i think they shoul rather say :

that " large scale structures cannot be formed in those cosmological models that are stable with respect to gravitational or other curvature perturbations like the Einstein static universe model "

who's wrong ?
    I or them?

5. Apr 13, 2008 #4

Wallace

Science Advisor

But why do you disagree? What is wrong about what they say?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?