agentsmith1011 Messages 4 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Oct 11, 2006 #1 A star has radius R=1.90x10^9 m and surface temperature T=15,200K. How much power does it emit in the range 500 nm < lamda < 510 nm?
A star has radius R=1.90x10^9 m and surface temperature T=15,200K. How much power does it emit in the range 500 nm < lamda < 510 nm?
OlderDan Science Advisor Homework Helper Messages 3,009 Reaction score 2 Oct 11, 2006 #2 Please read this first. https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=94379
agentsmith1011 Messages 4 Reaction score 0 Oct 13, 2006 #3 I really really tried my best. So can someone help me now?
OlderDan Science Advisor Homework Helper Messages 3,009 Reaction score 2 Oct 13, 2006 #4 http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/quantum/radfrac.html What is the surface area of the star?
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/quantum/radfrac.html What is the surface area of the star?
OlderDan Science Advisor Homework Helper Messages 3,009 Reaction score 2 Oct 13, 2006 #6 agentsmith1011 said: 4*pi()*R^2...But I wish it is pi()*R^2 It is what it is. Can you use the information from the link I posted, or your text, and the surface area of the star to find the answer?
agentsmith1011 said: 4*pi()*R^2...But I wish it is pi()*R^2 It is what it is. Can you use the information from the link I posted, or your text, and the surface area of the star to find the answer?