Starting nuclear engineering at University of Florida

  • Thread starter Thread starter LakeMountD
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Major
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 3K views
LakeMountD
[SOLVED] My newest major :)..

Nuclear Engineering at Univ. of Florida

"Students are involved in development and use of advanced particle transport methods, multigroup cross-section generation techniques, reactor physics and perturbation methods, thermal hydraulics, nondestructive testing techniques and tools, advanced fuel design, robotics, radiation shielding and protection, simulation methodologies for real-life nuclear systems including reactors, medical devices, and radiation facilities.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org


Congrats ! :smile:

I heard there are only a few hundred nuclear engeneers
graduating in the US every year while the demand is for a few
phousand. Hope that's right and you'll have no problem finding
a job. :smile:
 
I heard that nuclear engineering majors basically ended up being high-tech plumbers.

The reaction chambers are sealed once they're put into place. All the engineers do is monitor the coolant water.
 
Originally posted by enigma
I heard that nuclear engineering majors basically ended up being high-tech plumbers.

The reaction chambers are sealed once they're put into place. All the engineers do is monitor the coolant water.
Let me guess, you tried to congratulate him/her, right ?
 
Originally posted by enigma
I heard that nuclear engineering majors basically ended up being high-tech plumbers.

The reaction chambers are sealed once they're put into place. All the engineers do is monitor the coolant water.

150k a year for being a plumber is fine with me.. on top of that if you read any of what i wrote at the top, robotics is included.. you can do a lot of stuff with skills like that..
 
Oop. Where are my manners?

Congrats!

I was just parrotting what I heard.