Steam Generator Problem: Calculating Heat Input and Fractional Usage of Heat"

  • Thread starter Thread starter sawhai
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Generator Steam
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
sawhai
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Thank you

Homework Statement



cold water enters a steam generator at 20°C, is vaporized at 165°C, and exits as a superheated vapor at 350°C. The steam generator, operates at constant pressure.
(a) the heat input to the generator (kJ per kg of steam product);
(b) the fraction of the input heat used to
(i) preheat the liquid feed water to the saturation temperature of 165C
(ii)evaporate the water
(iii)superheat the water vapor to its final exit temperature

Homework Equations


Ein=Eout


The Attempt at a Solution


I am not sure where to start. I was trying to set up the energy balance equation but since there is no pressure given I don't know how it looks like.

 
Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry about the delay getting back to you.

Yes, the processes happen at 700 kPa. So can you use the water data tables to get the heat inputs for the 3 stages?

p.s. I'm moving this thread to the Engineering homework area, it seems like a question you would get in an engineering class rather than introductory physics.