Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Stephen William Hawking

1. Mar 4, 2009 #1
    i will like to know whether Stephen William Hawking's theories about the black hole.......because i was a ordinary person who want to know what is black hole is about....because i see a lot of articles about black hole but none of it i can understand so i hope somebody here can help me out by explain black hole from the fundamental level to me..or by Stephen William Hawking's theories........

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 4, 2009 #2

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Read A Brief History of Time and Universe in a Nutshell

4. Mar 5, 2009 #3
    Are those books accessible to readers without a science background?

5. Mar 6, 2009 #4

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes, they are written for a lay person.

6. Mar 7, 2009 #5

Nabeshin

Science Advisor

A Brief History of Time actually provides a good first explanation into thermodynamics without presupposing any knowledge of physics, chemistry, or mathematics.

7. Mar 7, 2009 #6

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

What an odd thing to say! I've read it several times and never thought it said much of anything about thermodynamics!

8. Mar 7, 2009 #7

Nabeshin

Science Advisor

I could very well be going insane (or having poor memory, it's been years since my last read) but I seem to remember him describing entropy a good deal in the section about the arrow of time. There might be some other stuff about thermo in there but that was the part that stuck with me.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook