Stephen William Hawking

• Thread starter killer120
  • Start date
i will like to know whether Stephen William Hawking's theories about the black hole.......because i was a ordinary person who want to know what is black hole is about....because i see a lot of articles about black hole but none of it i can understand so i hope somebody here can help me out by explain black hole from the fundamental level to me..or by Stephen William Hawking's theories........

Integral

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Read A Brief History of Time and Universe in a Nutshell

Are those books accessible to readers without a science background?

Integral

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Yes, they are written for a lay person.

Nabeshin

Science Advisor
A Brief History of Time actually provides a good first explanation into thermodynamics without presupposing any knowledge of physics, chemistry, or mathematics.

russ_watters

Mentor
What an odd thing to say! I've read it several times and never thought it said much of anything about thermodynamics!

Nabeshin

Science Advisor
What an odd thing to say! I've read it several times and never thought it said much of anything about thermodynamics!
I could very well be going insane (or having poor memory, it's been years since my last read) but I seem to remember him describing entropy a good deal in the section about the arrow of time. There might be some other stuff about thermo in there but that was the part that stuck with me.

Physics Forums Values

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving

Hot Threads