Maximize Your Strengths: Tips for Choosing the Perfect Image

• Thread starter EQ
  • Start date
In summary: I got the first two parts but not the third. Do I need to do another moment integration?In summary, the person is trying to solve an indeterminate beam problem. They need to express the reactionary moment in terms of the reaction at support A, and the reactionary force in B in terms of the reaction at support A, and then start making their sections (bending moment equations).
EQ
Cant upload the right pic but kinda got a diagram up.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I need help finding reactions for a fixed cantilever. total length is 16ft and its fixed on the right side. The loads on it going from left to right. 2000 lbs at the end of the left. 1000 lbs 10ft from left. There is one support for the cantilever and its where A is at which is 6 ft from left. The dimension for the 1000 lb load is 6ft from B which is the fixed point of the cantilever.

I've been summing the moments at A and B and my numbers are 3800 at A and 800 at B with a zero torque moment at B which is not right, it has to have a torque moment.

Please help if you can.

2000...10ft...1000...6ft...
|
|_______________|_________ B Fixed End
...6ft... A .....10ft...

Thanks

Last edited:
If "A" is a roller and has one reaction, and "B" is fixed for 2 translations and 1 rotation, then that is an indeterminate problem. You will need additional beam properties to be able to solve it.

Don't double post, cyclovenom already gave you a response.

haynewp said:
If "A" is a roller and has one reaction, and "B" is fixed for 2 translations and 1 rotation, then that is an indeterminate problem. You will need additional beam properties to be able to solve it.

I should'nt need additional beam properties to solve the reactions for the loading conditions.

For the rotation at B it should just be the sum of the moments correct?

After getting the reactions. I would be able to get a V max and M max from diagrams.

Please clarify.

You need to post a real picture. Thats a joke, sorry.

There are a couple of ways to solve an indeterminate beam problem. If you were not given the moment of inertia or modulus of elasticity, then the "flexibility" or "integration" method would be the one I would use to give you the approximate answers, since the E and I for this problem are likely to cancel out.

This is a hyperstatic system solved by differential equation of the deflexion curve. So what you should do is express reactionary moment in terms of the reaction at support A, and the reactionary force in B in terms of the reaction at support A, then start making your sections (bending moment equations).

If you want further help than that, Show your work.

I believe that is the same as what I am calling the integration method:

Either way, the assumption has to be made that the shear deformation is negligible compared to flexural deformation, or else you would need additional beam properties to get the correct solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes haynewp, we are talking about the same method.

EQ, Check pages 15-19 of the PDF haynewp provided. There's a similar problem like yours

Cyclovenom said:
Yes haynewp, we are talking about the same method.

EQ, Check pages 15-19 of the PDF haynewp provided. There's a similar problem like yours

Thanks for the help guys. I figured my problem, I didn't get my reaction right at B its negative not positve which threw off my shear diagram.

For deflection I did moment by parts.

What is "Strengths Help"?

"Strengths Help" is a concept that focuses on identifying and utilizing an individual's unique strengths and talents to achieve their goals and improve their overall well-being.

Why is it important to identify and utilize one's strengths?

Identifying and utilizing one's strengths can lead to increased self-awareness, confidence, and productivity. It allows individuals to focus on what they are good at and enjoy, leading to a more fulfilling and successful life.

How can one identify their strengths?

There are various methods for identifying strengths, such as self-reflection, personality tests, and feedback from others. It's important to consider both personal strengths, such as skills and abilities, and interpersonal strengths, such as communication and teamwork.

How can strengths be leveraged to achieve goals?

Once strengths are identified, individuals can use them to their advantage by incorporating them into their daily lives and setting goals that align with their strengths. This can lead to increased motivation, efficiency, and success in reaching those goals.

Is it possible to improve upon one's strengths?

Yes, just like any skill, strengths can be further developed and improved upon. This can be done through practice, seeking out opportunities to use and enhance those strengths, and seeking guidance from mentors or coaches.