Structures: dynamic, complexity, organisation

In summary: Have a look at Ilya Prigogine's work, maybe you will find something interesting.I see that his work is about chemistry. I don't know. Our teacher told us that our work can be about computering, physics or mathematics...but not chemistry :(Have a look at this subject:Pigmentation patterns of shells of mollusks - a natural picture book to study dynamic systems
El pollito pio
Hi,

I have to make a project for school about the topic on the title. It must be a personal work, i mean i can't choose a difficult subject cause then all my presentation could be just a simple documentation. Also, the project could include just one or two of the topics in the title. I thought about writing a program (complexity). But i don't really have ideas. I thought of saturn rings, but i think it's difficult. Well, is there anyone who has any idea? Please, i really can't find any subject.

Thanks (and sorry for the passable english)

Physics news on Phys.org
I see that his work is about chemistry. I don't know. Our teacher told us that our work can be about computering, physics or mathematics...but not chemistry :(

Search "structure of spacetime" and you'll find topics in physical mathematics...like general relativity.

Must your project must be 'original work' rather than research ['documentation'] ??

What parameters did your teacher set for your efforts? At what education level is this?

As i said ...if it's a complex subject, it would be difficult for me to add something personal in my project. It will be just a domcumentary prensentation.

Finny said:
Search "structure of spacetime" and you'll find topics in physical mathematics...like general relativity.

Must your project must be 'original work' rather than research ['documentation'] ??

What parameters did your teacher set for your efforts? At what education level is this?

My work must include some experiements...or a program to modelise a physical phenomenon.
Well, in french we call this kind of project TIPE https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travail_d'initiative_personnelle_encadré
And for the level, it's the equivalent of second year of college.

Anyway, i found this. http://arxiv.org/pdf/1302.4097.pdf
It's recent and really interesting, but i don't know if i can do anything i mean reporting all of those formulas in a program that modelise all the rings' structure. I think that would be difficult and maybe impossible with python. This is why i asked if there is anyone who has any idea.

1. What is meant by "dynamic" in the context of structures?

"Dynamic" refers to the ability of a structure to change and adapt over time in response to internal and external factors. This can include changes in size, shape, or function, as well as the ability to self-organize and maintain stability in the face of changing conditions.

2. How does complexity play a role in structures?

Complexity refers to the number of components and interactions within a structure. The more complex a structure is, the more difficult it is to understand and predict its behavior. However, complexity can also lead to emergent properties and increased functionality within a structure.

3. What factors influence the organization of a structure?

The organization of a structure is influenced by a variety of factors, including the properties and interactions of its individual components, the environment in which it exists, and the function it is meant to perform. Other factors such as genetic predisposition and evolutionary pressures may also play a role.

4. How do scientists study and analyze complex structures?

Scientists use a variety of tools and techniques to study and analyze complex structures, including computer simulations, mathematical modeling, and experimental methods. These approaches allow for a better understanding of how structures function and how they respond to changes in their environment.

5. Can structures be artificially created?

Yes, structures can be artificially created through various processes such as engineering, design, and construction. These structures can range from simple to highly complex and can serve a variety of purposes, from supporting physical loads to carrying out specific functions in a controlled environment.