1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Structures: dynamic, complexity, organisation

Tags:
  1. Aug 24, 2015 #1
    Hi,

I have to make a project for school about the topic on the title. It must be a personal work, i mean i can't choose a difficult subject cause then all my presentation could be just a simple documentation. Also, the project could include just one or two of the topics in the title. I thought about writing a program (complexity). But i don't really have ideas. I thought of saturn rings, but i think it's difficult. Well, is there anyone who has any idea? Please, i really can't find any subject.

Thanks (and sorry for the passable english)

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 24, 2015 #2
  4. Aug 25, 2015 #3
    I see that his work is about chemistry. I don't know. Our teacher told us that our work can be about computering, physics or mathematics...but not chemistry :(

5. Aug 25, 2015 #4
  6. Aug 25, 2015 #5
  7. Aug 25, 2015 #6
    Search "structure of spacetime" and you'll find topics in physical mathematics...like general relativity.

Must your project must be 'original work' rather than research ['documentation'] ??

What parameters did your teacher set for your efforts? At what education level is this?

8. Aug 25, 2015 #7
    As i said ...if it's a complex subject, it would be difficult for me to add something personal in my project. It will be just a domcumentary prensentation.

9. Aug 25, 2015 #8
    My work must include some experiements...or a program to modelise a physical phenomenon.
    Well, in french we call this kind of project TIPE https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travail_d'initiative_personnelle_encadré
    And for the level, it's the equivalent of second year of college.

Anyway, i found this. http://arxiv.org/pdf/1302.4097.pdf
    It's recent and really interesting, but i don't know if i can do anything i mean reporting all of those formulas in a program that modelise all the rings' structure. I think that would be difficult and maybe impossible with python. This is why i asked if there is anyone who has any idea.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook