1. PF Contest - Win "Conquering the Physics GRE" book! Click Here to Enter
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Summer research for international students

  1. Feb 18, 2010 #1
    Hi everyone!

    First of all, I'm sorry for possible grammar mistakes, because English is not my native.
    I'm a 3rd-year student at Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology. I have a strong background in physics and math, my GPA is 4.8/5.0. I'm looking for summer internship program which is available for international students. I've tried to take part into Fermilab summer program and SURF, but unfortunately, I've failed. Almost all summer programs I've found are eligible for only U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Can you advice any internships?

  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 18, 2010 #2


    User Avatar
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

    Actually, most of the summer internship programs are for students AT US universities. Some of these programs are open to international students, but they must be in a US institution to qualify.

    I'm not aware of any program that would allow students from another country to do an internship here. What you should do is look at within your country to see if there are any "exchange" programs that send students to other countries for an internship. I think within Europe, there should be plenty of those where students get to work at CERN, etc.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Similar Threads - Summer research international Date
Other Is it selfish to look for research outside of your university? Thursday at 1:55 PM
Studying How hard is it to do original work in a summer dissertation Mar 10, 2018
Schools Physics REUs 2017 Feb 17, 2017
International undergrad summer research (1st or 2nd year) Aug 31, 2015
Summer Research for Internationals? Jan 13, 2015