Summer research spot without REU at a school with REUs

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Andrew774
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
I want to find an undergrad research spot at UC Davis over the summer since I'll be in the area; however, I believe I've missed the deadline for summer REU applications. Seeing as Davis gets an influx of undergrad researchers from their REU program, do I have any chance in scoring a spot by just emailing professors? Thanks for any input!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Are you a Davis student?
 
Sorry I should have mentioned that; No I am a UC Santa Barbara 2nd year physics major
 
Then it's going to be hard. Whoever hires you is going to be asked "Why didn't you hire a David undergrad?"
 
Why don't you just stay at UCSB? UCSB is a fantastic physics department ranked in the top ten.