1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

SUNY at Albany's Nanoengineering Ph.D. Program

1. Mar 1, 2008 #1
    Hello everyone.
    Last night I received an offer of acceptance to University at Albany's Nanoengineering/Nanoscience Ph.D. progam. Has anyone studied/visited or know anyone there? I am wondering what you think about the quality of research, education, faculty, and facilities? There aren't many independent info on this program except Small Times Ranking (http://www.smalltimes.com/articles/stm_print_screen.cfm?ARTICLE_ID=292542).

I'd like to visit there to figure them out myself before deciding but I require a US visa which I won't be able to get before the last date to accept their assistantship offer (March 5).

Thank you!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 1, 2008 #2
    They are expanding a lot. They have, I think, 3 buildings just for the nanotech program and building a 4th. From what I hear, it's a very good program, Much better than anything else offered by SUNY Albany.

4. Mar 1, 2008 #3

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I go to SUNY Albany (for math), and I only hear good things about the nanotech program.

Here's an added bonus: Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI, my alma mater) is nearby, and it is a top-notch engineering school. Both schools are members of the Hudson-Mohawk Consortium, which allows cross registration with other schools in "the club". That means that, as a UAlbany student, you can take RPI courses at the SUNY tuition rate, provided it is a course not offered at UAlbany.

5. Mar 1, 2008 #4

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

SUNY Albany's College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering is getting a lot of support.
    http://cnse.albany.edu/

I hear good things about it. According to the site -
    So one should have a good experience there.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?