Table of Integrals: Solving \int_0^{\infty}x^A\,(x^2+x)^{B/2}\,e^{-Cx}\,K_{(B)}

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter EngWiPy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Integrals Table
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
EngWiPy
Messages
1,361
Reaction score
61
Hello,
During my derivation, I am faced with the following integral:

[tex]\int_0^{\infty}x^A\,(x^2+x)^{B/2}\,e^{-Cx}\,K_{(B)}\left(2\,\alpha\,\sqrt{x^2+x}\right)\,dx[/tex]

where A, B, and C are positive integers, [tex]K_{(B)}[/tex] is the [tex]B^{th}[/tex] order modified bessel function of the second kind. I am intending to find an equivalent integral in the table of integrals. Can anyone help me, please?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
saeddawoud said:
Hello,
During my derivation, I am faced with the following integral:

[tex]\int_0^{\infty}x^A\,(x^2+x)^{B/2}\,e^{-Cx}\,K_{(B)}\left(2\,\alpha\,\sqrt{x^2+x}\right)\,dx[/tex]

where A, B, and C are positive integers, [tex]K_{(B)}[/tex] is the [tex]B^{th}[/tex] order modified bessel function of the second kind. I am intending to find an equivalent integral in the table of integrals. Can anyone help me, please?

I think this forum is for general discussions rather than homework help, you should post this in homework help section,
here
https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=152"
 
Last edited by a moderator:
aaryan0077 said:
I think this forum is for general discussions rather than homework help

Graduate-level homework is acceptable here. This looks like it might fit -- I certainly didn't do hairy integrals with Bessel functions as an undegrad.
 
CRGreathouse said:
Graduate-level homework is acceptable here. This looks like it might fit -- I certainly didn't do hairy integrals with Bessel functions as an undegrad.

Okay, whatever you say.