Taking Care of a Pet while in Grad School

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
32 replies · 5K views
Thanks for the response, these are all great questions that you brought up and stuff that I haven't even thought about due to lack of experience. I'll definitely take them into account!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
To the OP:

As others have noted in this thread, one of the main hurdles about taking care of a pet while in grad school will involve your housing situation.

If you are enrolled in grad school, you will likely be renting (often with roommates), either in housing provided by the university, or in off-campus housing (e.g. rented house, apartment, condos, etc.). And different housing may have different rules in terms of allowing pets. I know many landlords have a strict "no pet" rule, which may preclude having your dog with you.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: AJSayad
Yeah that's a great point, I've never rented an apartment before so that's definitely something that I'll have to figure out in the future, thanks!