Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Teaching myself supersymmetry and supergravity

1. Sep 5, 2006 #1

I am interested in teaching myself supersymmetry and supergravity. I have a decent qft background. I know of several good online notes,, but what I really need is a source of good problems. Anybody know where I can find such a source?

Does the Wess and Bagger book have good problems?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 9, 2006 #2
    Since there seems to be no replies,, perhaps i can modify my question.. for those of you who have studied supersymmetry, or supergravity, how did you learn it? what did you find worked and what didnt. what is your story..

4. Sep 9, 2006 #3
  5. Sep 10, 2006 #4

Science Advisor

6. Sep 10, 2006 #5
  7. Sep 11, 2006 #6

Science Advisor

Weinberg volume3, has more or less everything you need to know (its at the level of difficulty that you should be accustomed too by now) except that its a little light on Feynman super diagrams, which are a good way to mentally keep track of things and to not make a silly mistake. Keep in mind the degrees of freedom start growing enormously, like an order of magnitude more than the SM.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2006
  8. Sep 16, 2006 #7
    hey well, thanks for all the replies. there are some useful refs there.
  9. Sep 16, 2006 #8
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?