Tensile Strength of reduced graphene oxide?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
chemisthypnos
Does anyone know the tensile strength and other mechanical properties of reduced graphene oxide? I know that it has some similarities to both graphene and graphene oxide, but I can't find any data on its tensile strength.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
chemisthypnos said:
Does anyone know the tensile strength and other mechanical properties of reduced graphene oxide? I know that it has some similarities to both graphene and graphene oxide, but I can't find any data on its tensile strength.

Have you read Compton et al.'s "Graphene Oxide, Highly Reduced Graphene Oxide, and Graphene: Versatile Building Blocks for Carbon-Based Materials"?
 
Mapes said:
Have you read Compton et al.'s "Graphene Oxide, Highly Reduced Graphene Oxide, and Graphene: Versatile Building Blocks for Carbon-Based Materials"?
I don't think that I have. Could you send it to me or perhaps give me the highlights of the material's properties? I have been searching so long for these properties and I just want the search to end. Please help.