Texniccenter/eps/pdf and transparent images

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
cobalt124
Messages
60
Reaction score
32
I'm looking for a way to add eps images with a transparent background to a pdf generated by texniccenter (Windows environment). Can this be done?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for the link, I think I am on the right track now. I skim read that link previously in my googling and found nothing on transparency and moved on. This time I read it through and realized my two mistakes, the really silly one of initially using gif images (not supported) instead of jpg, which led me to assuming that I could only use eps images, which isn't true. I did notice however that I am running texpdf and not latexpdf which I will have to look into. Anyway, I'm confident I should have this cracked soon. As you've probably guessed, I'm new to latex.
 
Cracked it. I don't think latex supports transparency directly, so tried Tikz/pgf. This only supports jpg and png and since jpg doesn't support transparency I tried png and it works. Though I don't see why it shouldn't just work in latex.