Textbook to accompany Susskind's Quantum Entanglement Lectures?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
bcbwilla
Messages
103
Reaction score
0
I am just finishing up an undergraduate course on quantum mechanics, and I plan on watching Leonard Susskind's online lectures on http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA27CEA1B8B27EB67"over winter break. Does anyone have any suggestions about a textbook that may be good to read along with the lectures? I feel like I'd get more out of it if I have one or more introductory texts to read. It doesn't need to be the exact text used for the course, I would just like an introductory book that somewhat parallels the course.

Thanks!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
You might want to check out "Quantum Mechanics: The Theoretical Minimum" by Leonard Susskind and Art Friedman. This book nicely summarizes the basics of quantum mechanics, and it follows closely the lectures given in the video series. It also contains a lot of illustrative examples to help you better understand the concepts. Other books that might be helpful include "An Introduction to Quantum Computing" by Philip Kaye, Raymond Laflamme, and Michele Mosca, as well as "Quantum Mechanics for Scientists and Engineers" by David A. B. Miller.