Video lecture suggestion for Sakurai quantum mechanics Textbook

hello! I've been trying to read through Sakurai's Modern quantum mechanics textbook ( My goal is to finish the first 3 chapters and understand the Dirac formulation of QM specifically) but I find myself stumbling at many places. Are there any video lectures on the internet that follows this text fairly consistently, so i can get new insights and clear my doubts?

Thank You!

Answers and Replies

PeroK
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
2020 Award
hello! I've been trying to read through Sakurai's Modern quantum mechanics textbook ( My goal is to finish the first 3 chapters and understand the Dirac formulation of QM specifically) but I find myself stumbling at many places. Are there any video lectures on the internet that follows this text fairly consistently, so i can get new insights and clear my doubts?

Thank You!

What specifically don't you understand? Can you post an example?

What level of mathematics can you handle? In particular, how well do you understand linear algebra (without the Dirac notation)?

How much QM do you already know? I think that Sakurai is better for a second course in QM. For example, when he derives the Schrodinger equation he presents it as something you should already be familiar with. Not as something you are seeing for the first time.